Preparation Time: 1 hour
500 grams minced meat
2 large onions chopped
2 carrots peeled and sliced
1 cup shredded cabbage
3 large potatoes boiled and mashed
1 soup cube either chicken or beef
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon pepper powder
1 teaspoon dried mint powder or herb powder
2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
Salt to taste
1.Cook the mince, chopped onions and carrots with ½ cup of water for about 10 minutes till the mince is cooked and the water reduces.
2. Add the crumbled soup cube, salt, pepper, and mint / herb powder and mix well. Cover and simmer on low heat for 5 more minutes.
3. Make a smooth paste with the flour and 4 tablespoons water and add to the meat mixture. Simmer for 3 or 4 minutes until the meat mixture thickens.
4. Season the mashed potato with a little butter, salt and milk. (The mixture should not be too soft).
5.Transfer the cooked meat mixture to a big ovenproof dish. Spread the mashed potato on top evenly using a fork
6. Sprinkle grated cheese on the potato layer.
7. Bake in a moderate oven (3550) for 15 minutes till the cheese melts and the potatoes turn golden.
Serve hot with garlic bread or toast and steamed vegetables
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)