SAUSAGE, EGG AND BREAD BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
This Casserole Dish is the perfect Breakfast combination of Eggs, Bread and sausages mixed together with cheese and baked golden in this delightful and easy to make hearty breakfast Casserole. Delicious and smooth. It goes so well with a steaming cup of coffee and a slice of toast if you like. This dish could be customised to suit one’s taste and liking by substituting meat mince or even vegetables, etc instead of the sausages.
250 grams sausages, either chicken or pork – Cut into medium size bits
4 Slices of any bread of your choice – cut each slice into one-inch cubes
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 small onion, chopped finely
1 large tomato, chopped finely
½ capsicum either green or red, chopped (optional)
½ teaspoon ground pepper / pepper powder
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown. Add the sausages and fry till brown. Add the tomatoes, capsicum, pepper and salt and saute for a few minutes. Turn off heat and leave aside.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk and whisk once or twice.
3. Fold in the bread, grated cheese and cooked sausage mixture and mix gently.
4. Pour this mixture into a greased oven proof baking dish (6x9 inches) and leave aside for about 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Enjoy it with a steaming cup of coffee and the morning News Paper
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)